Monday, August 23, 2010

Best Kept Secrets of Columbus: Resch's Bakery


I had the privilege tasting something scrumptious the other day. And it was from one of Columbus' Best Kept Secrets...Resch's Bakery!

So someone brought a humongous box of their freshly baked donuts one morning and usually I try to be good, and not eat donuts of any kind -- particularly huge twisty ones -- oh, but something told me to sample this special treat. HEAVEN!!!!


Forget Krispy Kreme, honestly. Resch's donuts take the cake.

I didn't have just one...I had two! (There's been many trips to the running track since that morning, I assure you). But I do not regret it one bit. I'd have another, and another, and another...

Columbus really has something to be grateful for in Resch's Bakery. Think about it, when was the last time you went to a bakery, I mean an old-fashioned, free-standing, honest-to-goodness bakery? Resch's is one of the few true, tasty, reliable bakeries left in times like these when everyone runs straight to Krogers, Wal-Marts and Costcos. And there's nothing wrong with that, but real bakeries have since slowly been dropping off the map.

Speaking of maps, Resch's Bakery is on 4061 East Livingston Ave, 43227, and you can find more pertinent info about it at yelp.com, where dozens of people have given rave reviews of this place. I hear their rolls and cakes are amazing as well.

No comments: